Bigsby On Tele Hollowbody

My tele hollowbody has a hollow part where the bigsby b5 would go... I am trying to figure out if i can successfully use the b5 or another bigsby like the b3 or b7...

The top is 1/4" thick... It is a warmoth body... I really want to put a bigsby on it... But can't figure out how to do it and be sure the top doesn't cave in and the bigsby doesn't rip out... Please help me!

you can see the pic at: http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/bodies/tele....n=tele_thinline

My tele hollowbody has a hollow part where the bigsby b5 would go... I am trying to figure out if i can successfully use the b5 or another bigsby like the b3 or b7...

The top is 1/4" thick... It is a warmoth body... I really want to put a bigsby on it... But can't figure out how to do it and be sure the top doesn't cave in and the bigsby doesn't rip out... Please help me!

you can see the pic at: http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/bodies/tele....n=tele_thinline

Oh yeah, I can't believe anyone can play a telecaster without a Bigsby! I didn't put one on my Bocaster, but that's going to be rectified real soon...WHAT WAS I THINKING? ...think I'll put a different type of whammy on it though, I've got this old Kay style here, it'll look nice...

I have a Bigsby-type on the soon-to-come Bocaster Thinline. I'll be hollowing out the body myself--I planned to leave a good inch or so where the Bigsby will mount. Is your top already glued on? If not, you could reinforce the area.

For the bridge, you have choices. You could go with the Bigsby conversion kit--but they're pricey.

I wanted to keep the original bridge, so I just cut out slots on the back edge of the bridge, that way the strings go right from the Bigsby to the saddles, no rubbing. Looks cool, and it gives a few extra sharp edges to rip open my wrist on ....

Here's the routing inside another guy's project (I posted this before--THIS IS BEFORE HE CLEANED UP HIS ROUTE): 95724f48.jpg

Looks like he left about half an inch there.