Its Amazing What You Can Come Up With....

fishy.jpg

This is the product of a few hours of trying to design a headless guitar. Apart from failing misarably, I did manage to get some of the ideas ive been looking at into this one.

For a start, it has a larger than normal neck join. I like the idea of making as much neck wood touch the body as possible. I believe it will add to the tone of the insutrment in the long run. That whole idea may just be a placebo effect, but i wanted to try it.

Also, this body started off with the angled bit behind where the bridge will go (the bottom bit of the sharks mouth). the idea was to mount tuners here and string the guitar backwards. It will use a speedloader type nut, pass over a TOM bridge and be tuned from this area.

Unfortunately, my design went a little off and I ended up designing a fish. the fish tail headstock was an afterthought.

I will be the first to admit that this ISNT a serious design, but it has some serious ideas. has anyone ever tried these things before?

Edited by Digideus