line 6 stuff

Speedy McFeely

hi all,

i am thinking about getting a line 6 pod, or one of their amps, but i wanted a little info from you guys first. i have tried them at the store and they sound good, but do they last, and how do they sound recorded? i think i like this little 210 spider i have played, but i need to know about how it's going to hold up.

appreciate the info guys.

Speedy,

I had a POD, but sold it and will get a Behringer V-amp pro as soon as they hit the stores.

Way more bang for the bucks.

However, there's nothing that sounds better than a real amp through a microphone, although you'll probably fool most people.

It's ideal for recording, but IMHO it sucks for live usage

that's pretty much what i figured, but i am mostly interested in it for recording. i have heard of the v-amp stuff, the local music store is pushing it like crazy, i can't wait to hear the rack mount v-amp, sounds like it's going to rule.

I have an original Line6 Flextone XL, and all I can say is it will not let you down. Mine's been gigged hard, has a tear in the speaker grille, a dent in the chassis, and it still works flawlessly. It does everything I want an amp to do - from a full blown Mesa when I'm playing on my RG7, a Marshall when I'm playing my LP, to a nice black face Fender when I feel like bluesing it on my '56 Strat. The amps have only gotten better with the Flextone II and III models.

You really can't go wrong when you want 32 amps for one low price!

~d~