Metallic Effect

OK, I know several guys that are doing car painting.

I asked them about that very interesting metallic effect I saw on a fancy car (maybe it was the local pimp's car, or at least it looked like it was) and one of them showed me how he mixes the different substances to achieve the effect.

So, the finished stuff looks like there are rather big shiny flakes inside the paint pointing in all directions. In other words, the metallic looking parts in the paint are flat and big. They don't look like small grains but like shredded shiny sheets of metal.

I like this effect very much.

It's cool looking and you can tell that it's a metallic finish from a mile while most of the ordinary metallic finishes I have seen requred a close look and (eventually) a magnifying glass :D

It would look cool on stage because even that guy at the last row with the coke bottle glasses would notice and admire your metallic finish.

I would like to know if anyone has done such finish. Pics are much appreciated (even if they are not of your own work)

Thanks guys!

Edited by DrummerDude