Question With "thrust Rod"

Hello, i'm newbie and i'm not very sure about the name of the rod that flexes the neck back into position so it doesnt break with the tension created from the strings but i think it is "thrust rod", anyway my question is , is that necesarry for the guitars? i mean, i dunno how to install it n the neck so is that really necesary and important?

Thanks..

Welcome. It's a truss rod, it keeps the neck from bowing under the strain of the strings (rather than breaking) and while it is not an absolute requirement, it's pretty close. Use the search function and you'll learn all you need to know.

Most people don't recommend your typical construction-grade pine, but I've heard of people using different pine species.

I'm sure there must be other suitable woods to be found in your part of the world. Don't have enough expertise to recommend one, though.

Greg

Thank you :D i will thank you a lot B) by the way, i live in Dominican Republic, and i couldnt find the Alder wood for my guitar :S i wanna do an explorer but i cant find that wood, does that wood has another name? and if it doesnt, can i use pine wood then??

Thank you a lot

Isn't it possible to get gorgeous "exotic" woods in the Dominican Republic? :D

haha, thx for the book recomendation, by the way we can get exotic wood in here, just that the wood doesnt have the same name in spanish that it does in english, and i found the alder :DB) its called "Chibol" :D so we r not that domestic :D lol

Well, thank you guys, now i just keep asking about the neck and the truss rod but i'll c what can i do..

thank you a lot