Pau-rosa Wood?

I just got a guitar body made out of Pau-rosa wood... I'm wondering if anyone's heard about this kind of wood before used for electric bodies. It's a brazillian type of rosewood I'm assuming, but the entire body is made out of it. I've heard of it being used as a tonewood for the back and sides of acoustics. Anyone know anytihng about it? Does it sound like alder? Mahogany? Basswood? I'm at a loss, I won't be building it for another month or so but I'm very curious, and I'm not very savant when it comes to foreign woods.

Note: It's a JEM type body and weights about 4-5lbs.

Edited by q83

Pau is portuguese for wood. Pau rosa is pink ivory wood.

According to this, "Pau Rosa is admittedly plain looking, but the tap tone is amazing. Glassy and bright with great sustain, it rings like African Blackwood (our most expensive tonewood!)."

According to this, Brazilian tulipwood is also called pau rosa, these are two different species as it seems, but I guess it's the first one... Although probably they have the same characteristics.

Edited by Mr.Churchyard

Pau is portuguese for wood. Pau rosa is pink ivory wood.

According to this, "Pau Rosa is admittedly plain looking, but the tap tone is amazing. Glassy and bright with great sustain, it rings like African Blackwood (our most expensive tonewood!)."

According to this, Brazilian tulipwood is also called pau rosa, these are two different species as it seems, but I guess it's the first one... Although probably they have the same characteristics.

Thanks alot for the research man, I really appreciate it. I'm wondering what kind of finish I should use on it. I was thinking of a veneer top, stained it and perhaps stain the rest of the body. Oh well, I'll decide when I'm ready. Thanks again.