Zebra Wood

i just started a new project using an 1 1/2" walnut back with sound chambers routed in and a zebra wood top. i'll probably leave it natural but was wondering if any of you have used zebra wood before and if you have did you stain it? i'm trying to picture how a transparent stain of some color might look.

thanks..looks like it darkens up nicely when the finish is applied. i kinda like the sunburst on it too..

the more i think about it the less i can picture a colored stain looking good with the walnut...i'm thinking natural with an oil finish or a satin poly.

very nice indeed..i'm starting to get excited..i've never used zebra wood before but thought that it'd make a good top. yours appears to be a solid body..how does it sound?

by the way..if you haven't tried or heard of it there's a fairly simple mod to the standard tele switching that uses a four way switch and gives you the standard tele sounds plus a fourth setting which puts the bridge and neck in series for a fatter tone than position 2 and more output than 1, 2 or 3. if you're interested pm me and i'll fax you a copy of the diagram.