Need To Know How To Stain White Korina

I'm about to embark on a journey of dying a hollow white korina telecaster. The colors i've chosen are red and black. I'll probably try to do some sort of sunbursting..

I'm really foggy on how i should prep the wood... well... not on how.. but when i should... should i dye the wood first? or should i add grain filler then sand and sealer before adding the dye? I've read about some people doing both...

I've got natural grain filler... and a can of sand and sealer aerosol... some black powder (add to lacquer) die, and some red powder dye.

Lastly i have a can of clear aerosol lacuer satin finish...

i purchased all of the products from The Guitar ReRanch...

I guess all i need is a post or two pushing me in the right direction... I know it's going to be a slow process.. but i'd like to get started... (well.. we're about to be hit with a tropical storm, so i'll probably have to wait at least a week before the weather calms down)

any info would help,

wierdOne

Edited by wierdOne

If you use a sealer before the dye then the dye cannot penetrate into the wood and you have to use colored finish coats. For this method try this thread.

If you use a grain filler (match it your finish (waterbase finish and sealer, etc)) you can dye the filler as well and then seal and clear coat the wood as usual. For this method go here.