Very Slightly Warped Neck Blank

Cerb

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Well, the guy that had planned on taking this off my hands already has more blanks than he knows what to do with, so it seems I will be selling this elsewhere. I had planned on using this blank for a bass I was building, warp and all, but came across another that had the wood combinations I was looking for.

It's 46" x 4" x a bit over 2 3/4". The warping is actually side to side, not front to back. Planing it out would be possible, but you wouldn't have a centerline that would run parallel to the laminations.

With a straightedge held on the side of the blank touching either end, there is a maximum of about 2 mm space between the blank and the straightedge.

There is a small (1 1/2" * 1/8" * 1/8") tearout near the center and very slight tearout and wave (from a crappy hand planer) over one of the faces. Once these small imperfections are planed out, it should bring the thickness right to around 2 3/4".

You could easilly get 2 bass necks out of it and probably 3 guitar necks. There is nearly $100 total in the blank. I'm asking $70 plus shipping for it.

Reply here or email me at cerberi@gmail.com if you are interested.

P.S. In the first couple of pictures, the wings were not glued to the neck, so there won't be any signs of a joint in that area.

Edited by Cerb

• 4 weeks later...