Tunomatic Setup Questions

Hey I'm kinna a newbie to guitars, but I have a question concerning the TOM and string replacement. Do you have to make adjustments to the saddles when putting on new strings. I asked this because when I replaced the strings on my

Washburn Idol series the 6th string while in tune was hitting the other frets.

gives a crappy loose string kinna sound?

Thanks,

Paulc35

It is my understanding that you would adjust the studs on either side of the bridge to correct problems with string height, and leave the saddle adjustment for correcting intonation issues.

There is a bunch of great tutorials on this subject that can be found here:

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tutorial1.htm

Specifically relating to your question though, check out the links on that page: "String Height and Bridge adjustment" and "Adjusting the intonation of a guitar".

However if you were giving your guitar a full setup I would encourage you to read through the whole tutorial on setting up a solid body electric.

Hope that helps,

- Dan

Thanks,

I don't know how a missed that page, but it answers alot.

paulc35

It is my understanding that you would adjust the studs on either side of the bridge to correct problems with string height, and leave the saddle adjustment for correcting intonation issues.

There is a bunch of great tutorials on this subject that can be found here:

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tutorial1.htm

Specifically relating to your question though, check out the links on that page: "String Height and Bridge adjustment" and "Adjusting the intonation of a guitar".

However if you were giving your guitar a full setup I would encourage you to read through the whole tutorial on setting up a solid body electric.

Hope that helps,

- Dan