Lace Sensor Hum?

GodBlessTexas

A friend of mine at work, and fellow guitar player, had a Blue Lace Sensor that he didn't have a use for, so he gave it to me. Night before last I removed the neck pickup in my strat and wired it in. However, now it hums like the dickens when the pickup is selected. Since these things are supposed to be hum free, I guess I may have grounded it inadequately. I've got white going to the selector switch (just like the original pickup), and green and orange going to ground where the other pickup was grounded to the Vol pot. Everything else remained untouched.

Any ideas?

take your green and white to ground and the orange to the selector switch. i took two in trade and just now tested them for you.

That explains everything. My diagram (drawn by hand) was wrong. Thanks. I don't know why I didn't check the Lace website, but it made sense that white would be hot considering it is on every other pickup I've ever wired. Between my new son (that makes four kids now) and the lack of sleep that comes with it, I may well get this guitar fixed.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Edited by GodBlessTexas

That explains everything.  My diagram (drawn by hand) was wrong.  Thanks.  I don't know why I didn't check the Lace website, but it made sense that white would be hot considering it is on every other pickup I've ever wired.  Between my new son (that makes four kids now) and the lack of sleep that comes with it, I may well get this guitar fixed.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

i think the different mfgs. do that just to keep us on our toes. :D and congrats on the new one. i'm finished with having kids but i've got a new grandson and i have to say that it's pretty fun raising them from a distance.