3 P/ups, 3 On/off Switches, 3 Vols

JRL

hi, i'm re-doing my guitar in almost everyway (paint job, tuners, hardware, scratchplate, electronics, nut). For the electronics i'm having 3 single coils each with it's own on/off toggle switch and volume control, no tone control.

Anyone have a schematic of how i should wire this up?

Cheers :D

Hey, if you're putting switches into the guitar, there are more interesting things you could do than a simple on/off.

Check out the diagrams on the guitar nuts site, which has some great looking mods, as well as a lot of really good info for diy guitar electronics in general.

There's also the deaf eddie site which has more cool mods.

In particular these mods include switching for putting the pickups in series rather than parallel, giving a fatter, humbucker-ish sound. I've not tried any of them myself, though.

Enjoy the butchery of yuor guitar. There's no going back now!

this seems an approriate thread to highjack temporarily..my last custom had three pups with three on/off/on toggles. neck humbucker = parallel/off/series, bridge humbucker = parallel/off/series, middle single coil = normal/off/out of phase with either humbucker...how many combinations is that before it becomes redundant?

...how many combinations is that...?
Unless I've forgotten my math, that's 3^3=27, ... but my math always needs checking. :D

that's close enough..i actually tried drawing a chart of all the possible combinations but i got a headache and a nosebleed so i gave up. :D

this seems an approriate thread to highjack temporarily..my last custom had three pups with three on/off/on toggles.  neck humbucker = parallel/off/series, bridge humbucker = parallel/off/series, middle single coil = normal/off/out of phase with either humbucker...how many combinations is that before it becomes redundant?

hmmm... can we get a diagram of that?

and can anyone conjure up a diagram of that with a tone knob for each pickup?

:D