Need Some Help Drawing Up My Plan...

here is what i want

15_1_b.jpg

right where i squared it off in red, i need some help getting that even. i thought i could just enlarge it and save it but when i tried that and went to print preview, it showed a little picture like i started off with. so any suggestions on printing a picture of that at the right scale would be helpfull :D

Hughes

Open the picture with a drawing program or vector drawing program like Adobe Illustrator, and basically trace that picture, once you have it enlarged to exact life size... it's not that hard at all, just look in the help section of the program, if you have problems. I've been having problems printing things to life-size also, but before I used "poster printing" that you can choose in the menu that comes up when you click on "print". My computer has been messing up lately... :D

My suggestion would be just making a cut out of 1 side of the rear on poster board, trace it onto another sheet of poster board, then flip it over to get the other side. Then both sides would be even. You might have to adjust the area above the redbox, where it leads to the horns. (since the horn on the left is higher than the horn on the right).

As far as your printing, some things to try: did you SAVE the image your enlarged to a seperate file? Or did you just "ZOOM"? Try enlarging it, then saving it to a seperate file (so you'll preserve your original file incase you later need it).

Also, if you are trying to print to scale & the scale is larger than a sheet of paper: check your printer properties, and make sure that the printer isn't trying to fit the image to 1 page. You could also try adjusting the border for the page if it should fit to page but is just off slighly.

And keep in mind, the more you enlarge images (especially small & low quality images), the more you're going to lose resolution quality.

But, if it was me, I'd just go with the poster board & save the time & ink of having to tweak the image & printing it. The end is pretty much symmetrical, so therefore, you'd only need to start with making 1 side of the end. If you're starting with the left side, line it up on the right side, and use the right edge of the poster board as your temporary center line. Or if you start with the right side, line it up with the left edge as the center line. Once it was cut out, you could use that piece to trace one side, and flip it to make the other side, just making sure the center line lines up for both sides.

Edited by justjunk7