Switch To Output Wiring Question

ElPedroGrande

Hey guys!

I recently broke my three way toggle switch on my guitar, and purchased a new one to replace it. The problem Im having is the new switch I have has Two output lugs, and the original one only has one. How would I wire this? Do I need a different output jack? Do I wire both lugs to the same input lug? Or should I bridge the output lugs with a small run of wire, and then just one line to the output jack?

Also I have no Idea what I am doing in any of this! If what I said makes absolutely no sense I appologize! Im not sure what any of that stuff is really called :D

Look at the switch, and see what contacts are doing what. That usually helps.

Short answer: solder the two inside (output) lugs together, connect the ground to the ground tab (if you want to ground the switch, anyway), and connect one output wire. The 'point' of having two lugs is so that you can keep the signal from each source seperate after the switch, if that's what you want to do.

Short answer: solder the two inside (output) lugs together, connect the ground to the ground tab (if you want to ground the switch, anyway), and connect one output wire.

Alright. will do.

Thanks for the help.

The 'point' of having two lugs is so that you can keep the signal from each source seperate after the switch, if that's what you want to do.

when would this be useful?