Template

chunkielad

I made a new teplate for my project the other day (original one was a bit thin and the bearing slipped off it lots)

I made it from two sheets (glued together) of Ply wood and hit it with the jig saw. I've got it close but need to tidy it up a bit more - HOWEVER! When i sand it (by hand) it doesn't do much - this is tough stuff!!!

I have some cut line I need to remove and some of the curves need smoothing so anyone any bright ideas?

I HAVE ONLY HAND TOOLS.

You might as well pick up a router, chunkie...you know you will eventually, so you might as well do it now. :D

In the meantime, you can try one of those Stanley surforms --they're a cross between a rasp and a planer, and they're great fun to use....I like the smallest one, works in a different direction than the others, feels pretty natural to use.

You might as well pick up a router, chunkie...you know you will eventually, so you might as well do it now.  :D

In the meantime, you can try one of those Stanley surforms --they're a cross between a rasp and a planer, and they're great fun to use....I like the smallest one, works in a different direction than the others, feels pretty natural to use.

Ran out to B&Q (british DIY place) and got one earlier - shape is great now! I went for a rasp and saw that.

I have a router which i will use to transfer this to the body blank but I have no way of accurately using one on the template. How would i have used a router for this? I hope there wasn't an easier way I've just missed! :D