Custom Explorer

Here is my first post. I have been playing guitar now for about 3 years, and just about a month or so ago I really started thinking about building guitars. So 2 weeks ago I started doing some research, and then I decided what to build and so on. And incidently I come across this site here. So due to my lack of funds/tools heres whats going on.

Body

Mahogany Explorer from Warmoth

Neck

24 fret, 25 1/2" scale

rosewood fret board ontop of a maple neck

and Jackson headstock shape

Hardware

2 Semour Duncan pickups (JB at the Bridge, Jazz at the neck)

Gotoh Wilkinson Trem

Gotoh SG38 Tuners

2 tone controls and 1 volume control with a 3 way pickup switch

And heres how I plan on painting it

this picture was done in psp under 3minutes so dont complain about poor quality.

Also the guitar in the picture has chrome hardware, mine will have black.

explorerpaint18fb.jpg

Please commet as you like, I have many concept drawings done on paper of future guitars I plan to build.

Not bad, the finish should be interesting. But, how are you going to achieve it? The pickup choice should be interesting.. quite a range! Good luck, man. I hope that turns out well.

Thanx, I have the same two pickups on my Dean Evo, and I love them. I have done a sunburst before at one time on my first guitar(I was kind of aiming at the Dean transblueburst, but made more of like a navyblue burst) Turned out O.K. but sold it to my friend.

By the time I get all the money and parts needed together, I should have it done by mid January. The body should be done next week sometime, so I'll put up some pictures of that when the time comes.