Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

selmac

I've been looking around for a while for a new amp. right now I use an old ibanez GX 40B bass amp which, well, fails to inspire. its pretty un reliable and cuts out and goes all "scratchy" previously whenever I giged it was with school and I used a micked peavey, some kind of bandit. my requirements for a new amp were allish tube, good clean, and enough power that I wouldn't have to worry about it. I was also leaning towards a minimum of 2 12" speakers but I don't really have any reason for it. I mostly just play in my room but do gig and jam a bit. reason I'm posting is because the reviews I've read about the hot rod deluxe are either people love it and say it rocks or they say it's a piece of garbage save your money. I was looking for opinions/experiences with this amp and whatever other advice you could give. thanks

i went on saturday and again today to long and mcquade (guitar store) and was tying out amps. the salesperson seemed to be in love with traynor amps so i tried a bunch of those as well but in the end I bought a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 2x12". I love it! It's my first tube amp and It's made a convert out of me.