Found Some M. Ebony

bassman

I have found some madagascar ebony locally, I have never seen any before nor looked for it (of this usable size that is). There are several pieces and they are all 3.25"Wx1.25"Tx42"L, and priced at $33 a piece. I was tempted to buy all five right on the spot- I only bought one of them. Considering that I have never seen pieces of this size before, I would assume you folks do not come across ebony of this size very often either,did I make a mistake by not buying all five pieces? It would be great for multi-lam bass necks, this size could even be used for a neck through bass, that is scarf jointed of course.

I have found some madagascar ebony locally, I have never seen any before nor looked for it (of this usable size that is). There are several pieces and they are all 3.25"Wx1.25"Tx42"L, and priced at $33 a piece. I was tempted to buy all five right on the spot- I only bought one of them. Considering that I have never seen pieces of this size before, I would assume you folks do not come across ebony of this size very often either,did I make a mistake by not buying all five pieces? It would be great for multi-lam bass necks, this size could even be used for a neck through bass, that is scarf jointed of course.

Thats not a bad price. It is usually $59 bd. ft. I can get 10' boards 3-5" wide all I want. I can get Gaboon or Nigerian only not as long (usually 5' is pretty long), and price is usually about $10 more per. bd. ft.

So if you need it thats a good price( about 40% of normal market price), buy it. :D

Peace,Rich