Bwa Ha Ha! I Finally Got It!

cunnins4

Well boys, after over 4 years of suffering with my meager 10watt vantage piece of muck, i got myself a decent amp. And all I can say is outstanding. This amp is really quite a bit of kit. For €220, I really feel i got my money's worth.

I had a Zoom 707II pedal but my "mate" lost it on me, so I was quite worried the built in effects wouldn't suffice, but I was wrong! They're all excellent. I especially like the Acoustic modelling. Obviously it's not as good as the real thing, but hey, it still sounds great! I'm playing with my beloved Epi LP Standard, and it all just sounds brilliant. Next on my shopping list is a set of pickups. I was thinking '57 Classics as recommended by someone here, but I was also looking at those bareknuckle ones either.

Next question: does anyone who has a cube30 use a footswitch? If you do, which one, and is it possible to go from clean to let's say acoustic then to maybe metal and then classic, and then back again? Or is it just simply switching between whatever effect you have selected with the knob and back to clean?

Also, Crybaby wah pedals. How on earth do you get that Hendrix sound out of these strange black boxes? I got one when i splashed out on the amp, and I really don't seem to be able to get it right.

Anyways, cheers to those who recommended the cube in my previous thread. Quality recommendation!

Bouli

Also, Crybaby wah pedals. How on earth do you get that Hendrix sound out of these strange black boxes? I got one when i splashed out on the amp, and I really don't seem to be able to get it right.

Years and years of practice :D. They're pretty hard to get the hang of - a good place to start is just to pump your foot forward (and then bring it back) with each note you pick (like you're tapping your foot in rythym with your picking). Once you get the hang of it, that gives you the "wah" on each note. Hendrix does that sometimes, but a lot of his stuff is a LOT harder.

You have to learn how far to take your foot each way to get the right sound and how to time both going forward and going back to get the sound right, and when you stretch it over multiple notes it gets really hard.