Budget Ro Sander

unclej

my random orbital sander gave up the ghost this weekend right in the middle of two guitar projects and several art projects. with christmas coming up money's a little tight so i hit the pawn shops in the closest town and found nothing. went to wally world and found a decent looking skill for less than forty bucks. bought it and have to say that it's a pretty good sander for the money. it's skill's 2x model. it's fairly strong and agressive and has a great dust collection system with one of those micron filters. it comes with several hook and loop sheets of sand paper and a buffing pad. the rubber pad's a little stiff for some of the unconventional sanding i do but all in all the sander would be a great buy for any of you that are on a budget and are basically working on guitars or other flat work.

just thought i'd share.. :D

Saw that too and was a little skeptical. I don't think that Skill is an everyday use brand but... The price is right. My scales would be tipped depending on how it performs with the buffer attachment. If you get a chance to try that out please share.

Nate Robinson :D

Saw that too and was a little skeptical.  I don't think that Skill is an everyday use brand but... The price is right.  My scales would be tipped depending on how it performs with the buffer attachment.  If you get a chance to try that out please share.

Nate Robinson :D

i don't really do much buffing..most of my guitars are done in an oil finish but i do wax them when i'm finished so i'll let you know how it works then..might not have the same results when buffing lacquer but it's got plenty of circular action so it might work allright.