Very, Very Stupid Newbie Question

This is a very stupid question, but here it goes.

Where does the neckplate go in relation to the neck and body? I think that it goes against the outside of the body, and then the screws go through the neckplate, then the body, and finally the neck, but I am not sure.

I am still only in the planning stages of building my first guitar, so that's why I don't know.

This is a very stupid question, but here it goes.

Where does the neckplate go in relation to the neck and body? I think that it goes against the outside of the body, and then the screws go through the neckplate, then the body, and finally the neck, but I am not sure.

I am still only in the planning stages of building my first guitar, so that's why I don't know.

You have the assembly order correct. The neckplate helps to even out and distribute the clamping force of the screws across the body.

You might also remember that you don't want to have to screw the screws into the body. They should fit tight - at least enough to push through but without having to use a screwdriver to get them through. You do want them to screw into the neck, but not the body.

You might also remember that you don't want to have to screw the screws into the body. They should fit tight - at least enough to push through but without having to use a screwdriver to get them through. You do want them to screw into the neck, but not the body.

That is what I meant.