My Amp Is Finished

My amp is finally done. It took about a month to build the cabinet for it and about 3 MONTHS for the electronics.

I built this amp from parts i bought off a friend that was going to build his own. But he had a nasty accident involving something we like to call a capaciter. So i bought the parts for 50$! The rest of the parts cost me about 100$ more. The rest of the parts (knobs, handle and and feet)

The influence for the look of the amp was a Mesa Lonestar. The flame maple front was supposed to resemble this.

The actual electronic circuit were base of a set of Mesa boogie Nomad 55. But i did some serious modification by making it only a 2 channel amp. But it acts like a 3 channel because i added a boost channel that was basically the same as the dirty channel with more gain and less mids.

After i hooked the amp up, at first i was dissapointed. But this was quickly resolved when i found out i was running at the wrong ohmage. This bad boy has some balls.

I had it at a moderate level and it sounded pretty good. But as soon as my wife left for her friends i cranked it to about 7. This amp with the Boost channel on at that volume was super sensitive. Just how i like it.

I will be post sound clips sometime later on. Probably not for a week or two.

Enjoy the pics meanwhile. The cabinet has a couple finishing issues but im probably gonna redo do it later

DSC00450.JPG

DSC00454.JPG

DSC00455.JPG

Is it just the pic or is it bloody large?

24x11x11

Looks bigger than that. Is it because the knobs are like the same size as BOSS stompbox ones?

EDIT: Really nice job though, definately stands out from other amps.

Edited by Calum_Barrow

24x11x11

Looks bigger than that. Is it because the knobs are like the same size as BOSS stompbox ones?

If you look at the input/output jacks, you can see that they are a bit larger than the knobs.

Very nice job, especially for a first amp project! BTW, what kind of speakers are you running it through? (it makes a big difference...)

24x11x11

If you look at the input/output jacks, you can see that they are a bit larger than the knobs.

Very nice job, especially for a first amp project! BTW, what kind of speakers are you running it through? (it makes a big difference...)

Im running it through a boogie recto cabinet (212) with British Celestions:

A G12H30 70th anniversary Series

And a Vintage 30

I love that cabinet