Digitech Gsp7

TenderSurrender

Does anyone know what cable i need to use to connect the FS300 to the GSP7?

When i use a standard 1/4" guitar cable, the pedal does strange things like either scroll through all the patches insanly fast without stopping or just gets in a loop with bypass.

If you take either end of the cable out, the unit stops being strange and returns to usual use :D

So yeh the question is, how do i connect this thing up? ive tried using the setup on the unit itself, but it doesnt work since it beleives a button is always being pushed.

Ive opened it up (pedal) and it all seems ok to me but a failing switch could be to blame? However i think i might just be using the wrong cable :D

Any help is really appreciated guys!

~~ TS ~~

Edited by TenderSurrender

Ok yeh that does seem logical, Il give it a go when i can get hold of a cable and see what happens :D

Cheers swirlslave

Just incase anyone else has anyideas, ive taken a screenshot of the PDF manual, and it doesnt mention a stereo cable, Im not doubting your idea swirlslave, just trying to get a second opinion :D

manual2uu.jpg

Cheers guys

~~ TS ~~

T-S=tip/sleeve=mono

T-R-S=tip/ring/sleeve=stereo

Ok Marksound so if im making sense of that, it means the manual requests a MONO cable :D

ive just tried it in the other socket and its doing the same thing, its like either "A" or "C" is always latched on (or could be "B" is always latched and A and C are working?)

So next thing is, what am i doing wrong here, any ideas how to fix this?

~~ TS ~~

Edited by TenderSurrender

That's what it says. You didn't by chance plug a mono cable into the headphone out? According to your picture, that would be bad.

That is everything I know about that unit.

I havent done that, ive only ever used the footswitch in sockets (a or :D

well, looking at the back picture of the unit you post i presume you must program the pedal function in some way to be compatible with that sort of footswitch.

:D

Ive already tried to run the setup on the unit but it wont let me since as ive said, it seems one of the buttons is permantly latched B)

This usually wouldnt be such an issue but im giggin in a few days (e.g wednesday night :D ) and id LOVE to have this on stage with me, but its going to be hard without the foot controller!

I know one of you guys can figure it out!!

Thanks once again!!

~~ TS ~~

I have built my own FS-300 as per the diagram here... http://www.plexusproductions.ca/FS300/

I think you need y cable that is 2 mono to stereo. A mono (T/S) would go to pedal A socket, another to pedal B socket and the stereo(T/R/S) to the FS300. I'm not sure the gsp7 would be able to use all three buttons on the fs300 though.

Strange :D

I would expect the GSP7 to be able to utilise all 3 buttons since its referred to in the manual as the pedal for it :D

Also the way i understand the 2 sockets on the back of the unit (A & B) are for TWO pedals not one split beteween stereo from mono.

I could be wrong but thats how i understand it

~~ TS ~~

well, looking at the back picture of the unit you post i presume you must program the pedal function in some way to be compatible with that sort of footswitch.

:D

Ive already tried to run the setup on the unit but it wont let me since as ive said, it seems one of the buttons is permantly latched :D

have you tried to set it up before plugging in the pedal? it sounds like it thinks its the footswitch not the expression pedal so its cycling though the patches instead of having it control what it should be.

I have built my own FS-300 as per the diagram here... http://www.plexusproductions.ca/FS300/

I think you need y cable that is 2 mono to stereo. A mono (T/S) would go to pedal A socket, another to pedal B socket and the stereo(T/R/S) to the FS300. I'm not sure the gsp7 would be able to use all three buttons on the fs300 though.

Strange :D

I would expect the GSP7 to be able to utilise all 3 buttons since its referred to in the manual as the pedal for it :D

Also the way i understand the 2 sockets on the back of the unit (A & B) are for TWO pedals not one split beteween stereo from mono.

I could be wrong but thats how i understand it

~~ TS ~~

I suppose you are right. I just thought that since it had two plugs on the board that they might be mono. I use my fs300 with a jamman and it uses a TRS cable. Can't help you then. Have you tried the Digitech site. They have some forums there.

have you tried to set it up before plugging in the pedal? it sounds like it thinks its the footswitch not the expression pedal so its cycling though the patches instead of having it control what it should be.

Yes, It asks you to push a button on the footswitch, as soon as you plug it in it automatically goes "effects bypassed" (as if thats the button being pushed down) and then stays like that as if the button is permantly latched :D

I suppose you are right. I just thought that since it had two plugs on the board that they might be mono. I use my fs300 with a jamman and it uses a TRS cable. Can't help you then. Have you tried the Digitech site. They have some forums there.

I Hadnt thought of going over to the forums @ digitech since the unit is discontinued and so i didnt think anyone would still offer support for it :D

Ill headover there and see if i can find anything

~~ TS ~~

Ok, just got a reply from the guys at digitech, i will quote the WHOLE email...

Bryan,

Make sure you are using a TRS stereo cable to connect the FS300.

Am i the only one who finds that email a little weird? i mean usually (line 6 for example) reply personally to your emails, and treat you as if you have known them a long time, reply politley and often thank you for using there products. The small things ya know? :D

Anyway, as you can see, they say i should be using a Stereo cable, which is the opposite to what it says in the manual.

It DOES explain the problems but doesnt help anyone else whos been using that manual as a reference.

Thanks once again for all your help guys, appreciate it, and yeh i thought i should post the reply from the email since if anyone else has the same problem, they can find it in the search tool :D

~~ TS ~~