Which Pups Should I Make

NinjaTaiken

I wanna make three singles for a strat style knockoff. It has a Basswood body, Maple neck and some wierd fretboard wood I've never heard of (Sonokilin or Sonokeling anyone?)

I was pretty much planning on making the earlier vintage Fenders, but I want to know if anyone has a different suggestion. No humbuckers.

Plus, what should I wind for the different positions etc etc, any useful footnotes that could help me are good.

I'd go with fender-style single-coil pickups, straight up. Vintage if that's your thing, slightly overwound for the others. For number of winds (or rather, resistance), check StewMac's website, they've got some info, or wind to the resistance specs other SC's you like the sound of have. Best I can do for ya (although I wouldn't mind numbers as answers either ;-)

As for Sonokeling, that's good 'ol Dalbergia Latifolia by any other name. East Indian Rosewood. Usually the name that's used for plantation-grown wood from Indonesia.

I'd go with fender-style single-coil pickups, straight up. Vintage if that's your thing, slightly overwound for the others. For number of winds (or rather, resistance), check StewMac's website, they've got some info, or wind to the resistance specs other SC's you like the sound of have. Best I can do for ya (although I wouldn't mind numbers as answers either ;-)

As for Sonokeling, that's good 'ol Dalbergia Latifolia by any other name. East Indian Rosewood. Usually the name that's used for plantation-grown wood from Indonesia.

Thanks. There's a good source of info about Fenders pickups over at the links in Ampage. Did you mean i should overwind all of them or the bridge one?