Advice

Lay the neck down, frets up, onto a piece of thin, rigid cardboard. Trace the outline of the neck block onto the cardboard. Cut out the cardboard, flip the neck over and lay the cutout onto the face of the neck block. Take a very sharp pointy object, pencil, punch, dart, small phillips screwdriver, whatever, :D and punch through the cardboard at each hole. Lay the cardboard into your neck pocket and mark your holes. Best to drill those holes with a drill press.

One important item. If you've already mounted your bridge, for whatever reason, then your neck positioning is wholly dependant on the scale length.

Edited by Southpa

Lay the neck down, frets up, onto a piece of thin, rigid cardboard. Trace the outline of the neck block onto the cardboard. Cut out the cardboard, flip the neck over and lay the cutout onto the face of the neck block. Take a very sharp pointy object, pencil, punch, dart, small phillips screwdriver, whatever, :D and punch through the cardboard at each hole. Lay the cardboard into your neck pocket and mark your holes. Best to drill those holes with a drill press.

One important item. If you've already mounted your bridge, for whatever reason, then your neck positioning is wholly dependant on the scale length.

Southpa, thanks. That's about what I figured - I just thought someone might have a different method. I know about the scale issue, I don't do anything with the bridge until the neck is attached.

Thanks for the reply,

Marty