What Happened...to That Project Guitar!

OK...had this idea for a topic...might stimulate some interest in the archive of material that is PG...maybe bring back some memories...maybe give people some ideas... :D

Have you ever noticed how many really cool threads were started way back...ever wondered what came of them. I'm not just thinking of those, "I had this idea for a design" things that never get built...I talking projects that have started, are looking great, progress is being made...lots of interest...then...???

Anyway, thought people could post a link to the original thread and why they are interested, and if the member is still visiting or someone knows, maybe we can tie up a few threads...

Here's one...Surfer's Special

Gitarlayout.jpg

I really liked this one...6 string guitar with a kind of laminated bass construction with a surfboard kind of aesthetic. As you can see, it was well underway at the time...PLUCKyou, where are you!!! :D

I kind of like the ideas here, the shape, construction...but how did it end up, how did it sound...what happened???

Anyway...I'm sure we will all remember some loose threads out there (actually I can think of a few of mine!)...time to share!!!

pete

Wow!!!...amazing project, seemed as if it was going so well and so advanced along and all...what happened???

Well, I followed up on the Surfer's Special and got an Email straight back from Mr. PLUCKyou... :D

Well the guitar got put on hold for the time being since the school year ended and now i don't quite have the equipment and extra time, so i'm hoping that this summer and next year during college i'll have a shop to work in and some extra time on my hands.

So there you go, on hold but not forgotten...guess we'll all have to wait to see the end result of this one...nice looking guitar there!!!

Great topic idea! As I've been digging through some of the archives of the site, I've come across a number of cool projects with no further follow up. I'd love to hear what became of them as well.

Now this one is fairly recent but I couldn't resist putting it out there anyway. Back in November, Black Mariah posted on a Klein/Teuffel inspired guitar designed primarily for playing in a sitting position. For those of you who saw my recent topic post on ergonomic guitar features, you probably have a good sense of where my head is at. I know it hasn't been very long but I'd love to hear how this is coming along! No pressure. :D

Black Mariah's Ergonomic Guitar