Drilling Kahler Flatmount Srew Holes

Hello all! I just got my Warmoth explorer body in last week and wanted to get some advice from you all.The routing is done for the Kahler's cavity area,but they do not drill the mounting screw holes.So what would be the safest way to do this? I do not have a drill press,which makes it even harder.On a Kahler flatmount tremelo,you screw it in on the front post holes,and it covers the old ones,for a strat vintage tremelo,not fulcrum.How could I determine where these holes should be located?

If I can figure out where these would be,I can use the bridge as a template for the 2 rear screw holes,and it should line up right.I also need to make screw holes for the tuners and my top-mounting floyd locking nut.Those may be easier.Any help greatly appreciated,thanks!

Edited by masterpuppets

Hello all! I just got my Warmoth explorer body in last week and wanted to get some advice from you all.The routing is done for the Kahler's cavity area,but they do not drill the mounting screw holes.So what would be the safest way to do this? I do not have a drill press,which makes it even harder.On a Kahler flatmount tremelo,you screw it in on the front post holes,and it covers the old ones,for a strat vintage tremelo,not fulcrum.How could I determine where these holes should be located?

If I can figure out where these would be,I can use the bridge as a template for the 2 rear screw holes,and it should line up right.I also need to make screw holes for the tuners and my top-mounting floyd locking nut.Those may be easier.Any help greatly appreciated,thanks!

I haven't start building my first guitar yet so I may not be best qualified to answer but here goes (just yesterday my spanking brand new Kahler 2300 was delivered :D )

Assuming it's the type with the string-rollers, they would need to be positioned at whatever your scale length is e.g. 650mm. As the saddles adjust forward/back for intonation the bridge would need to be positioned so that there is enough room for the necessary adjustment. Once you know that then the unit should just be seated squarely in position and the holes marked & drilled. Some careful drilling with the appropriate sized bit should be enough to correctly install it.

I have the template that came with mine - I could measure the dimensions for you if needed.

My bridge is a 2320C(brass cam/rollers),so it has the roller design.So basically,I should put the saddles in the halfway-point of their range,and measure the scale length,to the rollers? That does make sense.I was also thinking of getting the measurements off of a stew-mac template for a Fender vintage tremelo,as the six front holes of these is where you would screw in a Kahler flatmount.As far as I know,they were designed originally to be a retrofit for a strat,with routing required of course.Since my routing is already done,I just need to find where the front holes are.The back holes would be obvious after that.

If you have time,give me the measurement from your template.That would be a great help! I have a Kahler template,but it's for the stud-mount version.Don't think it will work.Thanks for the reply!