Checking Pickups

Off He Goes

Is it possible to check the connections on your pickups beforing putting the pickguard back on the guitar, and stringing it up. I'm ready to set the pickguard in the body, but I don't want to screw it down, and string it only to find out it won't work. Besides following the wires, which I pretty sure am right, can I check. Or should I just plug it into a tuner and see if anything comes out.

Is it possible to check the connections on your pickups beforing putting the pickguard back on the guitar, and stringing it up. I'm ready to set the pickguard in the body, but I don't want to screw it down, and string it only to find out it won't work. Besides following the wires, which I pretty sure am right, can I check. Or should I just plug it into a tuner and see if anything comes out.

easy as can be..just put a cord into the output jack and into your amp and turn it on. listen for any really bad humming which can indicate bad grounding. then set your selector switch to one of the pickups and tap that pickup with a screwdriver or alan wrench. it should make a popping noise when you do. if it does go to the next one and so on. if your switch gives you a combination of two pups at a time tap both of them when in that position. ta da..you're done.