Tele Templates

Does anybody know where I could find Telecaster outline? I just need the outline and dont want to shell out a whole bunch of cash on templates.

Does anybody know where I could find Telecaster outline? I just need the outline and dont want to shell out a whole bunch of cash on templates.

I searched and found a free cad drawing. Then a searched and found a free DFX reading program. It wouldnt print so I used a screen capture, then I used the measuring tool in the free program to triangulate the obviuos points on the tele shape. It worked really well and took about a half hour.

If you had a DFX or DWG program that would print to scale it would be alot eaiser. I know ther are some out there, if you know where to look.

Find a large, good resolution picture of a telecaster, a good front-on shot. (Anything taken at a bit of an angle can mess up curves) The larger pictures at the Fender website should work.

Print it out and enlarge it on a photocopier, or with a projector, or even by careful measurements. To make sure that everything blows up in proportion, go by a known measurement. The scale length is a good measurement. I don't know it off the top of my head, but it will be listed on the Fender website. So if the scale length is 25" inches (I believe it's longer? 25.5? I'm a Gibson guy, sorry) make sure when you blow the picture up, the measurement from nut to high-e saddle is is that measurement.