Wood Blank Prices?

Alright, well soon I'm going to be starting my first guitar project and I'm going to order my blanks soon...

I'm not really sure what an average peice of *insert wood species and dimensions here* would cost...

sooo...

I turn to you guys!!!!

So, how much would a maple neck blank of 1.5" x 3.5" x 30" long cost???

and is there and tonal diffrences between regular maple and curly fiddleback maple???

and how much would an average 2 peice alder body blank w/ 2" x 14" x 21" overall???

I've seen a body blank this size go for about $18 + shipping and a neck blank this size go for $14 + shipping...

Alright, well soon I'm going to be starting my first guitar project and I'm going to order my blanks soon...

I'm not really sure what an average peice of *insert wood species and dimensions here* would cost...

sooo...

I turn to you guys!!!!

So, how much would a maple neck blank of 1.5" x 3.5" x 30" long cost???

and is there and tonal diffrences between regular maple and curly fiddleback maple???

and how much would an average 2 peice alder body blank w/ 2" x 14" x 21" overall???

I've seen a body blank this size go for about $18 + shipping and a neck blank this size go for $14 + shipping...

MS,

Im not an electric builder but I wouldnt think there'd be a whole lot of difference in the acoustics of regular and fiddleback maple. Ive used fiddle back and regular Houn Pine (Aussie tonewood) on acoustics and not noticed a whole lot of difference in acoustics.

No doubt the electric boys in here will be able to provide an answer to your question.

Cheers Martin

You might find some rough cut wood for those prices. We sell fully cut, joined, glued and sanded blanks. NO dirt or rough edges.