About Placement Of A Les Paul Junior Wraparund Intonated Bridge

That link is to a tailpiece rather than a bridge. I'm confused. B)

You talking to me? :D

The link is a for 50s style wraparound tail-piece --the original LP Jrs didn't have compensation ridges. That's why they sound the way they do. For better or worse :D

The original bridges were also made of aluminum.

What you can't see in the photos is that the bridge has set screws just like on a compensated wraparound. I have the bridge now --it's actually made by Gotoh. It's extremely lightweight too--they're not joking about the featherweight part.

Another interesting tidbit --the inserts do not have a flange like other TOM type bridges. It's just a straight piece. Judging from my Melody Maker, this is the way Gibson used to do it. I don't know if they did that with every guitar, maybe just with their 'student' models.

A warning--the inserts for this bridge are 12 mm thick, so you can't simply insert them into your existing holes (which presumably are a narrower diameter).

The link is a for 50s style wraparound tail-piece --the original LP Jrs didn't have compensation ridges. That's why they sound the way they do. For better or worse :D

I'll vote with "for worse". At what price authenticity?

The one thing somewhat unclear from the photo is if there's some sort of reasonably sharp 'break' over which the strings sit.

I'll vote with "for worse". At what price authenticity?

The one thing somewhat unclear from the photo is if there's some sort of reasonably sharp 'break' over which the strings sit.

There's a peak on it, yes.

I'm not trying for authenticity (obviously, since my guitar looks nothing like a Junior), but I started getting curious about the whole idea of this kind of bridge, and the effect that a single solid piece of aluminum might have. The Pigtail version is much more expensive --this one was only $40, so I figure it's worth the risk...the only way to know is to experiment.

And I don't spend all that much time on the upper frets anyway...just never have. And if I need that, well, I have other guitars :D

But I also have the Wilkinson bridge --it's aluminum too, but has a adjustable plate for the B/G strings.