Exotic Guitar Tops ?

Sure thing Chris. I'm thinking in the neighborhood of $90 per blank + shipping, but I don't know how clear the boards are yet. I'll be stopping by today.

Last time I was there, there was one more 12' plank that was more narrow (maybe 6" wide?). All 3 were from the same log, so that narrow one would be good for necks to match the bodies. I just hate the idea of ripping a 13" wide billet for neck stock, 8/4 limba planks wide enough for 1-piece bodies just don't come around very often.

Damn....left my camera at home today. :D

...guess who just bought 12' of Black Limba today?

:DB):D

I will honor the $90.00 + shipping price for anyone interested in the USA. B)

Should be ready in a day or two, I'm having him cut it down and 4S it for me, I'm going to give him the cut size tomorrow after I go home and measure my Strat length.

Don't wanna cut myself short, I think my Strat is a C-hair longer than 18", gotta verify.

Oh, and I got the widest one, I think it was 12 3/4" wide. :D

...guess who just bought 12' of Black Limba today?

:DB)

I will honor the $90.00 + shipping price for anyone interested in the USA. B)

Should be ready in a day or two, I'm having him cut it down and 4S it for me, I'm going to give him the cut size tomorrow after I go home and measure my Strat length.

Don't wanna cut myself short, I think my Strat is a C-hair longer than 18", gotta verify.

Oh, and I got the widest one, I think it was 12 3/4" wide. :D

I double checked the typical width of the last bunch of one piece blanks I offered to the guys on the board. It was 21" and the width was 14"+(Limba Bods. I am betting 20" will be more than fine for just about everyone.

I can't wait to see that Spalt/Limba combo. You usually choose killer Spalt tops :D .

Peace,Rich

Oh, and I got the widest one, I think it was 12 3/4" wide.

It was 13 3/4" in the rough when I was there today. Yeah, I thought you might like it Drak. It is quite nice stuff, and should be killer with a spalt on top.

Me? I have other top plans....and not enough cash to make it happen! :D Next week, you'll see why..... :D

Yo Sekler & Rista,

I also found a pile of Chechen. It is 4/4 (1" thick) stock in widths that vary from 5" to 8" wide, 7' long boards (those are the "shorts"...). Pretty nice stuff, I don't know why I hadn't checked it out before.

PM me if you're interested.