Space Between Neck Pocket Route And Neck Pickup?

Alright then, well I'm drawing up plans for my 1st build, an RR, and I can't seem to figure out how much space there should be. It's going to be a 22 fret neck w/ a 25.5" scale. Fender neck pocket deminsions

3" x 2 3/16" x 5/8" deep. If I account for fretboard overhang and pickup rings how far should the neck pocket route be from the neck humbucker route??? :D

Thanks guys...

On my Schecter Omen 7 the ring is actually touching the fretboard.

On most any guitar I've seen they are almost always right up against the fretboard.

Actual dimensions I can't help you with though.

Do you have some plans made for an Ibanez or something? Those use that type construction.

Edited by Firefox2551

Nah, I don't have any plans besides some printed templates for a LP and a SG. No bolt-on plans basically...

I want the fretboard and the rings to basically touch because I hate seeing any space between them.

I just need some measurements, I don't want my fretboard to be over the rings :D

Well, do you have the pickups? You'll have to measure the rings, of course, and the width between the ring and the pickup (where the pickup cavity starts). Once you know that, you'll be able to work out the distance between where the neck ends and where the fretboard ends. Add up all those numbers and you'll know how much space you'll have between the neck pocket and neck pickup.

I don't think anyone can do this for you, because there are differences among necks, fretboards, pickups and pickup rings.

But I've been working this one out myself for my own build...I initially planned for at least 10 mm between the neck pocket and cavity, for stability reasons. But then I decided to build a bolt-on with a tenon that extends beneath the neck pickup. That'll let me place the ring butt up against the fretboard, no need for an overhang.