Finally Started On My Low Budget Project

Ok. ive finally started on my project. Do not expect anything special because the quality of wood is very poor. however. this is mainly because i want to find out if i am up to making guitars. if this does work then i will replace the body with one made of a good quality wood.

the shape is just a flying V of my own design.

i have made a (extremely poor) image to show how i want the final thing to look vaguely like. i have not included bridge and pickups as i will be using whatever i can get my hands on :D

ive made the body for now. using a circular say and a jigsaw. the next thing im going 2 do is beveling the body

for the scratch plate im gonna use checkerplate.

sorry about the poor quality pictures. i took them with a webcam

picture0016ph.th.jpg

picture0025cb1.th.jpg

guitar1hx.th.jpg

Edited by mabyenot

i dont really know what type of wood it is. it seems strong enough to make a guitar with but it is made of several layers. it came from a leftover part of wood from a comany that makes high security doors so i would imagine its quite tough but apart from that i have no idea what type of wood it is. i realy dont know what kind of sound it will have or how much sustain.