Perfect Vai Evo Replica.

Firefox2551

I was just thinking that a Jem would be cool to make, but I would want to have one different than everyone else, I'm not really into the funny color, mirror, or floral Jems so I though mabye a replica of Steve Vai's personal favorite "Evo" would be cool, his is EXTREMELY distressed, not quite SRV'ish or anything but lotsa scratches and stuff.

Some pics....

http://www.vai.com/Machines/guitars1.html

Hit the first pic and it brings up the Evo gallery.

Seeing as the pics give some good detail I don't see why I couldn't get the distressing pretty accurate anyway.

I'm thinking mabye some type of Rg could supply some parts like the neck, and I could get one of those fretboards all CNC'ed with the vine-o-life in it already. then its just making the alder body, paint, and distressing it. Plus the pickguard and full set of dimarzio's of course :D

Comments?

Edited by Firefox2551

but I would want to have one different than everyone else,

Then don't copy steve vai's jem :D

Seriously though, sounds like a cool project.

I too dont particularly like all the gaudy jems and especially not the floral ones, and I've never liked that handle thing.. but I suppose If you're making a replica its a part of the design...

You'll be painting it white then? I quite like the white ones

Good luck with the project!

Yes, It'll be white nitro, then I'll spend a while messing up the white nitro to get the accurate dents, dings, and scratches of Steve's Evo.

That handle is actually a bit useful, the good thing about this project is, while I'm busy making and distressing the body, I will still have the parts RG around as a second player until the body is done :D