Mahogany Telecaster

Phillipe,

How did you get the wires from the pickups (especially the neck p/up) to the controls? There's no cavity at the back of the guitar.

I always thought the pickguard was to hide the traverse of the wiring, but you don't need it!

Nice work,

Brian.

I'm guessing that he's drilled straight down from the neck pocket to the bridge pickup cavity (that gives a path from neck to bridge, and then if you look carefully at the picture where the body is hanging upside down, you can see where he's drilled a hole from the bridge cavity to control rout. That lets you connect up all the pickups without the need for a pick guard or rear-access.

Very pretty, the natural mahogany and inlay-less fretboard looks great as-is, very earthy and clean.

I'd suggest a wood pickguard myself.....a mahogany one, of course:-)

Fender makes/made an all-mahogany set neck Tele with a Seymour Duncan Invader humbucker bridge pickup. It sounded very fat and thick, nothing like the bright, twangy Tele's I've played, more like an SG or all-mahogany Les Paul.

Not big fan of Tele's, but huge fan of mahagony, and that thing looks amazing. :D

@De Trepagny: What kind of wood is the purple thingy in this picture? I love it.

The purple wood is purpleheart (amarante), when freshly cut, it's a kind of purple gray. It's hard on router bit but make strong neck when used as a renforcement.

SoundAt11: do you have a pics of this set-neck telecaster?

thanks,

Philippe