A Great One Steps Down...

http://www.rufusguitars.com/takenote.htm

He's a local luthier who has repaired, rebuilt etc. countless rare and vintage instruments for many famous and well-heeled people. I met him about 6 months ago, by appointment only, his time is valuable and his shop is at home. He was looking for someone to help with major name guitars (Gibson, Martin, Larivee mostly), do warranty work and get them out the door. Told me he usually puts in about 14 hours a day. I realized what he was looking for was way above my expertise and experience, but all in all I was very happy to connect with the master luthier. It was a humbling experience when I saw the instruments he was working on. His 10' X 10' showcase in the main room featured about a dozen acoustic guitars, some very expensive, but most were priceless.

I sure missed a good thing, just learned about his sale and he had LOTS of stuff collected over the years. Everything from vintage pickups to billets of curly maple, probably all gone now.

Edited by Southpa