Spool Clamp Diameter

GREGMW

What Ryan Said. Although I use Go-bars. Cheaper, more versatile, work great for clamping top/back on an acoustic guitar...

Just my 2 cents.

Sorry for the dumb question but are the Go Bars the fibreglass ones and what size are they (Length x Diameter)

What Ryan Said. Although I use Go-bars. Cheaper, more versatile, work great for clamping top/back on an acoustic guitar...

Just my 2 cents.

Sorry for the dumb question but are the Go Bars the fibreglass ones and what size are they (Length x Diameter)

Yeah, fibreglass rods, 3/16"/5mm diameter, I tip them with rubber tips, any kite supply place has them (intothewind.com is good). About 24" long is good, although you basically need them to be about 1.5-2" longer than the distance between the surfaces of your deck (mine's a very heavy desk). Longer or shorter for various functions, or raise/lower the deck itself. All you need is two sturdy surfaces a fixed distance apart, the go-bars, and you're done. For tons of discussions, register at the MIMF.com at peruse the library.