Has it turned TOO cream white / yellow?

Pushead

Has this vintage Les Paul turned too cream white?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, it was worth what I paid for it. It has a crack on the headstock, but not all the way through. The fretboard started pulling away a bit.

I cleaned and polished it after I got it (a few months ago now), and just recently replaced the TOM and Stopbar with black ones I had lying around. I left the posts for both parts gold. It actually (IMO) looks pretty cool. Sort of like a bad Stryper knock-off (am I dating myself with the old Glamrock reference?)

I'll bring new pix someday.

Thats what happens to the laquer finish used during that era. The same thing happens to ivory strats and it turns Lake Placid blue strats into green guitars. Its a sure sign of an original finish on a guitar because the laquers used don't have any UV protection, hence, the yellowing. Thats why lots of manufacturers are going with poly finishes that have UV protection these days. As far as whether to refinish or not, its your guitar, do what you want. It will definitely depreciate the guitar in the eyes of a collector but for most folks, if it still says Gibson on the headstock it has some value.