Locking Rotomatic Install -- Help Needed

FlashJim

Hi all,

Big time newb here.

I snagged a set of Grover 18:1 Locking Rotomatics tuners (402C) off ebay and they seem to be complete except for the instructions.

Grover doesn't seem to have any archived instructions. Uh, how do you string them? I've been searching on the Net for an hour and haven't come up with anything. :D

This is the same model:

Grover-lock.jpg

Thanks for any help you could give me.

Edited by FlashJim

I thought I'd go ahead and install one to see what it looked like. I have the wire between the small and large spacer. I tightened the thumbscrew and tuned the string.

It seems that is the way these work. There's no hole to run the string through.

I'll contact Grover to see if they can point me in the right direction.

Look right? All comments welcome.

grover402c.jpg

Huh, the instructions are right there, in the picture. You'd think they could at least stand the page up., :D

Anyway, theres mention of them here. , in one of the reviews. Just hit "edit" in your toolbar, click, "Find on this page", type "Grover".

Thanks! I'll check that out. You posted while I was typing mine last post. B)

I'm glad I found that pic of the instructions. At least I know I have everything put together correctly. :D

Edited by FlashJim

I used to have them on my guitar, the part with the hole on it actually rotates around until it lines up with another whole behind it, that's where the string goes through. Just rotate that little metal area above the nut securing it to the headstock and the holes should line up, then they just work like regular tuners.

The 402 don't have a hole at all. That's where my confusion came from. I came across the instructions for the ones with holes.

Basically I came up with:

1. Run the string around the thumbscrew, between the spacers.

2. Tighten the thumbscrew to lock the string in place.

3. Clip string.

4. Tune.