5 Way Switch

I've just got a lot of my components through (well as many of them as i can afford) so i can start marking up on my RG body where theyre going and where needs to be routed. I have everything i need except the 5-way-switch, its an in-line switch, i was wondering if anyone could tell me the lenght of the slot need cutting and depth so as i dnt need to postpone my project too much.

If anyone could tell me and let me know that'd be grand!!

Adamski :D:D

I've just got a lot of my components through (well as many of them as i can afford) so i can start marking up on my RG body where theyre going and where needs to be routed. I have everything i need except the 5-way-switch, its an in-line switch, i was wondering if anyone could tell me the lenght of the slot need cutting and depth so as i dnt need to postpone my project too much.

If anyone could tell me and let me know that'd be grand!!

Adamski :D:D

i know that it's hard to be patient when you're all stoked to get going but you'd be better off waiting for that part of the process until you actually receive the switch. you'll want it in hand to mark the holes for the mounting screws and not knowing what kind of switch you've ordered it's impossible to tell you how long the slot should be or how much wood you need to remove in order for the shaft to protrude the proper length.

good luck with your project.

i just measured three switches holes and i get 3/16"x1'

here is a tip

i find that most three and five way switches to be of the same size

so what i did was to chop a switch so i just have the mounting part

i then screw this where i want to locate my switch

then i use a downward spiral dremel bit (Forget exactly what size)

and route through the the slot using it as a guide

works great and very precise

Edited by spazzyone