Project Update (pic)

Rowdy

Got the earvana nut today... not sure about height, so I aint gluing it just yet...

Picture%20015.jpg

more pics

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

Ive never put on a nut before. I hope I didnt mess it up.

I was told the neck was 1-5/8" fender scale.. so I got the retro fit EARVANA 1-5/8 fender nut... well it was too thick so I filed it rather than file the nut groove... its a graph type material and was easily shaped.. still, it looks barley wide enough.. I would have rather it be too wide and file down the sides.. but this aint too bad...

There is specific instructions on installing an Earvana nut. The OEM version as you have selected requires the nut to be a bit closer to the first fret. If you would have selected the retrofit nut the only fitting required would be the height.

There is specific instructions on installing an Earvana nut. The OEM version as you have selected requires the nut to be a bit closer to the first fret. If you would have selected the retrofit nut the only fitting required would be the height.

Uh Oh.. what I do wrong?

You sure you looked at all the pics?

This unit wasnt teh 2 piece earvana.. what you see is the only thing in the pkg...

did I mess up? Please tell me...

I am not sure what you mean by the nut I have needing to be closer to the fret... thats where the OEM groove is.. and the directions said it was a drop in unit..... but my groove is thinner (new virgin fingerboard) may have never been grooved to OEM specs to begin with but i suspect it is...

I'd rather not get into doing anything on the fretboard. If this isnt correct, then I may be better off taking it to a shop and having the nut installed...

i really dont wanna mess this up..

nothings glued yet.

educate me....

heres the final

Picture%20018.jpg

Edited by Rowdy

Rowdy,

The nut goes where the neck says it goes. You cannot move the nut around, it will destroy the intonation of the entire guitar. Don not, under any circumstances, change the groove on the neck.

DOnt plan to.. but the other EARVANA unit i saw did have a flat piece that filled the nutgroove, then the unit mounted ontop of that and was partially foward of where the groove was.. overhangs. I think I know what he's saying... but I got the drop in unit... not the 2 piece...

Rowdy,

The nut goes where the neck says it goes. You cannot move the nut around, it will destroy the intonation of the entire guitar. Don not, under any circumstances, change the groove on the neck.

DOnt plan to.. but the other EARVANA unit i saw did have a flat piece that filled the nutgroove, then the unit mounted ontop of that and was partially foward of where the groove was.. overhangs. I think I know what he's saying... but I got the drop in unit... not the 2 piece...

Ok, now Ive taken the time to read on more of this in theses posts. I can see that what Ive got there is actually an OEM "LSR Roller" nut replacement, thus the thicker than my groove issue. Also, I read more on what mammoth is talkin 'bout, and yes, folks are moving up in order to correct intonnation. I will now look into getting the retro-fit kit instead, so I dont have to move anything... or ruin my neck.

thanks for the info...

goldangit.... i asked you guys about an EARVANA before i bought this one, no one answered, so its everyone heres fault but mine...

(jk)

retrofit it is..... who wants to lend me 30 bux?

At one point we used the Earvana nuts as standard but we switched to Graph Tech. The Graph Tech nut works as well and with the ultru precisce tuners of today intonation has not been an issue.