Does A Trem Route Effect Neckthru Stability?

fyb

I've been thinking of doing a neckthru or a setneck with a really long tenon (maybe back to the bridge), and I'd probably to it with 2 HB routes and a strat-type trem route. Would all of this routing make doing a neckthru/long tenon moot because so much would end up getting routed out anyway?

Maybe I'm just worrying too much :D

What do you think? :D

I've been thinking of doing a neckthru or a setneck with a really long tenon (maybe back to the bridge), and I'd probably to it with 2 HB routes and a strat-type trem route. Would all of this routing make doing a neckthru/long tenon moot because so much would end up getting routed out anyway?

Maybe I'm just worrying too much :D

What do you think? :D

I think you're worrying too much. If it's stable enough for a neck through/deep-set, then it'll be stable enough with a standard strat-trem rout. As for the tonal effect of removing the trem wood, I don't think it'll have that great an effect either.

Technically, yes.... the hum routes remove sooooo much wood, there is almost no neck left.... and then the trem route removes all the neck blank.

The plus sides are.... simplicity of construction.... no neck pocket, no tenon to frustrate with, just plane the wings and glue.

I still believe that even with all the routing, there is better vibrational transfer using a neckthru than even a deep set tenon because the tightness of the joint.

Just my opinion