Melody Maker Shape....

I'm looking to build a neck-through melody maker. But I have no means of getting the shape (ie no melody maker to trace).

I am hoping that some one might have a template of the melody maker shape and head stock that could be scanned and e-mail to me. I would be very grateful, and if you wanted one I would give you one of my own body designs (I doubt that you will want them though)

Which Melody Maker do you want? The single-cut or the double-cut? And from which era? Even the double-cuts went through a few variations.

I could send you a tracing of my double-cut (from 1965), but it'd be just as easy for you to prepare your own drawing --especially if you know a little autocad--and make your own template.

Besides, I don't know how I'd get the guitar to fit in my scanner.

Which Melody Maker do you want? The single-cut or the double-cut? And from which era? Even the double-cuts went through a few variations.

I could send you a tracing of my double-cut (from 1965), but it'd be just as easy for you to prepare your own drawing --especially if you know a little autocad--and make your own template.

Besides, I don't know how I'd get the guitar to fit in my scanner.

Oddly enough, I am looking for a 65 double cut. Problem is I know nothing about autocad, I've always done everything pen and paper...

Here's a Les Paul Junior Doublecut in a DXf format (there's also a DWF plan on the site), maybe it can help:

http://www.guitarbuild.com/modules/mydownl...leA&show=10

What is a good program for those files?

I'm looking to build a neck-through melody maker. ...

...Oddly enough, I am looking for a 65 double cut....

whooooooooooweeeeeeeee! i LOVE those.

the regular LP double-cut has a slightly different body shape.

i think the LP jr shares the same body shape as melody maker.

but the melody maker has a unique, narrow, straight-sided headstock.

please tell me you're planning on using that.

and please tell me you're gonna use a standard wraparound bridge, or a Quan.

.............but don't tell me yet. i'm still at work, and if i start drooling now, it could be embarassing!

Heh, my nephews and nieces call me uncle mickey...

I think the Melody Maker headstock is one of the best there is....

Chris, I can trace the body for you and scan that in sections, send me a PM with your email, I'll be able to do that over the weekend.

And I can do the headstock too --I have an old neck from an MM copy, the headstock is basically the same (that way I don't have to unstring my MM and take the tuners off.

Personally, I like the Gretsch Duo Jet body...one of my future projects is to blend the Duo Jet with the Melody Maker with a bit of LP Jr. thrown in...I like the Epiphone Coronet/Olympia etc. too.

Here I'll explain my exact plans for this guitar.

• 65 MM body and head stock
  • ebony fet board
  • neck through
  • string through
  • locking roller bridge (stew-mac)
  • spezil locking tuners
  • slip stone nut (stew-mac)
  • jumbo frets
  • GFS Dream 180 bridge and dream 90 neck
  • diamond or LP custom inlays
  • 3 point selector knob (bridge, split bridge + neck, and neck) and master volume

I'm thinking of birds eye mable for the neck and korina for the wings (the wings are going to be butterscotch blonde and the neck will be stained to look like blood wood all the way down). All chrome hardware. 9 to 13 fretboard radius.

so far as the MM copy head stock, that sounds great, and I cna just modify it a bit to make it a close as I can.

Edited by Christopher