Humming Noisy Humbuckers

Panfouez

Hello all

I have two Seymour Dunkan humbuckers with a pan pot instead of a switch. Both pickups do produce significant hum when they're used alone (pan pot set at 0% or 100%) but are totally quiet when mixed together 50%-50%.

So, I need some advice on what may be wrong with my wiring.

diagram.jpg

thanks!

sounds as if you have them wired wrong! make sure the wiring is right in terms of pickup lead colours. looks like it could be easy to mix them up. but be aware that with the outer coil wiring not all positions (only the middle position if wired right!) will be humcancelling. so with the outer coil selected and the blend pot to one side you will get hum, this is totally normal. its only when the switch is set to humbucking you shouldn't.

S

Yep indeed with the split coils switch on, I get hum canceling only when the blend set at 50-50. And I knew this would be the case. But the same happens with the full humbuckers on, which is totally puzzling.

My humbuckers came in a kit sold together, called the "Hot Rodded Humbucker Set" by Seymour Duncan. A really good choice to my hear, consisting of a Jazz at the neck and a JB at the bridge. Like any other humbucker, they have two rows of magnets, but one is height-adjustable with an allen key. With the Seymour Duncan logos in the right position, the neck pickup is mirrored compared to the bridge pickup, or upside down if you'd like. I was wondering if the wires should also be inverted to reflect this particular setup. The instructions that came with the kit do not mention anything about that, neither does Seymour Duncan's Web site, so I assumed they should be wired the same way.

Well thanks for your input!

Edited by Panfouez