Les Paul Neck Plan

Hi Everyone

I'm in the process of starting my first project (im sooooooo excited), i managed to find a plan for the body which has long tenon set neck joint. I made some templates from a tutorial from PG (thanks), But one thing.

I've been searching the net for what seems like ages now, cannot find a template for an LP neck.

I've got the template for the headstock.

Does anyone have one that they could send my way. I would be very greatful.

I have searched PG but cant find one. Please help.

Thanks

Allan

Edited by Allan

I don't know about a ready-made template, but you should be able to work it out yourself. If you know your string spacing at the nut and bridge, scale length, what fret you want at the neck/body join, how much space you want between your e-strings and the edges of the fretboard, you can draw it out full size on a piece of paper, incorporating a tenon to match your mortise. You'll probably want to draw a side view as well, taking into account any neck angle you may need to incorporate.

If you haven't already, you'll also want to pick up Melvin Hiscock's "Make Your Own Electric Guitar." It's the bible around here, and covers all the basics.

As we're learning in another thread at the moment, it's a good idea to double-check all your measurements, even with store-bought plans and templates.

Thanks for the advise.

I've already got Melvin Hiscocks book, its a god send. Dont know what i would do without it.

In your last paragraph you stated that measurments should always be double checked even with bought plans. I have heard other people say this, so Believe me i will check and check and check. just to be on the safe side.

Thanks

Allan