I Need Help Is Fretlight The Answer?

I just saw a guitar called a fretlight guitar. As a back drop I’ve been playing, well I should say trying to play, for about a year. I keep hit the “wall” with my learning. Their system looks greats. I think that I could learn allot faster with their system then with the dusty old book. They’re having a great sale right now and I want to take advantage of it. Does any one have a friend or have one the guitars them self’s that can give me a review of it. I found it in Premier Guitar Magazine and it got a four out of five but I want to hear a real review. I only want to hear people that have one or know some one who does. Cause if you don’t have one then you don’t know one. Get Back to me ASAP!!! :read

I had one years ago, before they stopped production for several years and recently started again.

The guitar played reasonably well. It didn't have as many features as the new Fretlights do, but I did find it useful. Don't expect to start from ground zero and become a great player just using a Fretlight to learn, though.

I highly recommend two books: Fretboard Logic Vol. I & II (which is all one book) and Fretboard Logic Vol. III. I learned more from those than I ever did with the Fretlight.