Operation Die-floyd-die

So in lieu of building the guitar i have been planning, i thought i'd convert a guitar with a Floyd Rose, to a Kahler trem. Except without using the plate, and to make it look like it always had the Kahler to begin with. The guitar is an LTD KH-202 and it came with probably the worst licensed trem ever made. The replacement for said crap-fest is an 80's Kahler 2300. What i have accomplished so far is as follows:

- Removal of all hardware and electronics from the body, neck has been removed from the body.

- Chiseled out the raised portion of the top floyd rout where the studs screw in.

- Sanded the paint/finish off of the routs to reveal bare wood, this was not done to perfection, but they were clean.

- Cut filler blanks out of mahogany and put them in place using System 3 Epoxy, the epoxy was used to fill any and all gaps.

The difficulty of this project is that i'm shooting to have it done by Saturday, however i won't rush things for the sake of a time frame, it just means working harder and longer. If all goes to plan this should come out looking like a gold brick. I will take pictures and post them ASAP. I didn't think of taking pics from the start, i was too anxious to to get going on the project.

Okay so i still dont have pictures, but that's alright, most people here would find this work to be utter crap anyhow. Lots of sanding was done today to make the fills flush. There's still finish on the guitar and it needs a repaint. Rather than strip the guitar i'm going to do a "blend" with automotive paint. This may or may not ruin whatever is left on the guitar, but that's pretty much the raw deal with any material i would use. Routing and painting will be completed tomorrow (today actually). The whole guitar will be asembled and set up saturday just in time for my show (hopefully). Now if only i could changed the model number inlay to say "Slaytallica" i would be set... haha.