Finishing Help

I have been working on my first guitar, I have already made everything, but I don't know how to paint the body and the headstock..

I have been browsing all over the forum, but I am very confused on which type of paint is needed.. I'm really new to this stuff..

As I don't have that much money, I am afraid i have to go with the spray can..

Please advise me on what type of paint I have to get in order to get it done, I wish to paint it in Light Blue color with some white stripes on it =)

Thanks in advanced,

-Shahid

You can do an excellent finish job with spraycans. If you can catch them while they're open, ReRanch is a good source for high quality rattlecan paint. They also have a tutorial section that is awesome:

http://reranch.com/101.htm

Their product is made of nitro laquer. If can't seem to catch them while they're open, I know people who have used Rustoleum products with great success, as well as DEFT.

CMA

Edited by CrazyManAndy

Most colors require primer, but a few don't. Primer is a good idea regardless of the color you choose. It helps adhesion and you don't need to use as much color to get full coverage.

What do you mean by PU coat? It would also help to know what wood you are working with, as it may need grain filling.

I highly recommend reading that tutorial. You should also read this, as it will give you the basic procedure and tell you all the materials you need:

http://reranch.com/reranch/viewtopic.php?t=13890

CMA

Edited by CrazyManAndy