i got it im happy

well i got it, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&item=930774618 as soon as i get it ill let you know, also ill be needing advice big time, im seriously thinking of attempting a tv yellow finish, i have read the guitar re ranch tutorial, it dont seem too difficult to achieve, any other ideas you guys might have, ill try and get better close up pics of it as soon as i get it, maybe the grain wont look so good in a transparent finish, also, if i scrap the tv yellow finish, what other ideals do you have that might look good that would be semi easy, maybe i should have posted this in the finishing area, oh well, could i just thompsons water seal the body or something, i like that finish alex did on his mockingbird, maybe ill ask him how to do that, i dunno, im just too excited, brian ill be in touch on aqcuiring the pickups, hardware etc..........

jeremy

Congrats! That's going to be a nice looking axe. I always liked the Hardtails myself. For a finish, the TV yellow would be cool, but also a Sunburst Style finish would look great. If the grain is really nice, just Tung Oil it, and admire it. (The real, unspoken advantage to tung oil finishes, is that they need to be periodically re oiled, and rubbed out, giving you an excuse to spend quality time caressing your guitar, and running your hands over its perfect curves... OK, getting a bit carried away here, but guitar lust is pretty cool, and even more so when you built it yourself!)

That looks like when it is cleaned up, the grain will finish up fairly well. That would be a great place for a vintage burst finish. I would personally go with an orangish, yellow three color burst, and leave the inside of the body fairly dark yellow, or orange. I have always likes those finished on Strat style guitars. I have had Strat style hardtails, and some with a Humbucker, and two songle coils, but I have never done one with twin humbuckers before. That will make for a really nice sounding guitar.

Let us know what type of hardware you go with, and keep us posted. I would really like to see pictures of that when it's done. Good Luck.

nah, done the burst thing before, had several of those, got tired of it, then i went all black, again, tired of that, i think straight up all natural or tv yellow, i always liked that loud yellow color with just a hint of the grain showing through, but thanks ill consider all options, this will be my first finish attempt so i dont think burst would be the best to try and tackle first

jeremy